Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
A Cave Concert Experience:
Join us for this special evening where hauntingly beautiful songs merge with otherworldly resonances. All this inside a tunnel that is transformed, for one night only, into an enchanted Cave.
a Cave Concert Experience with
Saturday June 25th, 2011 9:30 pm
Hawk Hill Tunnel - Marin Headlands
- Come early, enjoy the scenery and the beauty of this area, pack a picnic, and get closer parking. Don’t miss the marvelous sunset!
- Carpool! Parking is limited please use SpaceShare.com/caveconcert to share or find a ride to the concert. It's green, free and fun!
- Please email email@example.com if you have special needs.
- Tickets does not include chair. Bring your own low beach chair, backjack, meditation bench, or blanket and pillows. Full height chairs will be set to rear. We provide regular chairs only for the VGP tickets area.
- Our Cave Crew will assist you in getting the best seat available.
- Dress warmly in layers, you will be waiting outside. It could be cold, foggy and windy.
- Bring a flashlight. There are no streetlights, and you will be walking to and from your car.
- Concert held rain or shine. However, being a tunnel, there is shelter from rain.
- Ages 10 and older only.
- Advance tickets only. No tickets will be sold at the event.
- Please no smoking, alcohol, incense, glass containers, or pets.
DIRECTIONS TO HAWK HILL TUNNEL, MARIN HEADLANDS:
Road Construction requires you to take a different from normal route.
Please get to 101 Sausalito/Alexander Ave exit no later than 8:45 PM
(immediately north of the Golden Gate Bridge)
From 101 going North from San Francisco:
- Cross over the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Take the second exit, Alexander Ave.
- Stay in the right lane and merge towards Sausalito.
- Take first left labelled Fort Baker Marin Headlands Tunnel Route onto Bunker Road for one way tunnel to Rodeo Beach. Stoplight can be up to 5 minutes long.
- After tunnel, go approximately 1/2 mile and take first major left labelled Coastal Route Hawk Hill onto McCullough Rd climbing up about a mile.
- At roundabout take first right onto Conzelman Rd heading up the hill to the gate where a Samavesha staff person will check you in.
From 101 going South from San Rafael:
- Take the last exit before Golden Gate bridge labeled Sausalito. This is after the 101 tunnel.
- Bear right and follow underpass below 101 towards Sausalito. Please follow steps #4-6 from From 101 going North directions.
Gate at Conzelman Road roundabout will be locked at approximately 9:45 pm
- If gate is closed you can park at the roundabout parking lot.
- Walk up Conzelman road approximately half a mile uphill.
- Please quietly enter the tunnel.
When & Where
Samavesha is a multidisciplinary performing arts and music non-profit organization with the mission of bringing performing art events to the community, exploring the intersection of traditional art forms with contemporary artistic languages, and creating the awareness of the vital importance of creativity and art in human lives as a source of a healthy living.
With many years of experience in various forms of art and live performances around the world, Samavesha creates a platform for local and international artists to participate and engage in collaborative events that bring awareness of artistic expression and environmental responsibility. Samavesha unites art, nature, and community. www.samavesha.org